- 1 package(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup chopped watercress
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package(3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 24 slices sandwich bread
- 12 slices thinly sliced whole wheat sandwich bread
- paprika and parsley or watercress for garnish
Blend together 8 ounces of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons milk and garlic salt. Stir in watercress.
In a separate bowl, blend together butter and mayonnaise until smooth; add shrimp, olives, and lemon juice, blending well.
In another bowl, blend together 3 ounces of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon milk.
Trim crusts off of all bread slices.
Spread first mixture (watercress) over 12 white sandwich bread slices. Top with whole wheat bread slices.
Spread the shrimp mixture on the whole wheat bread slices.
Close sandwiches with remaining white bread slices. Spread tops of sandwiches with the last cream cheese mixture. Cover carefully with a damp towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, cut each sandwich into squares or triangles and garnish with paprika and chopped parsley or watercress.
Makes about 48 party sandwiches.
You Might Also Like