By cooking this beef brisket recipe in the oven first, and then glazing with barbecue sauce on the grill after, you get a deliciously moist, smoky, and perfectly cooked piece of meat. This beef brisket recipe is called "lazy man's" because it's so easy, but you'll call it "smart cook's" beef brisket when you taste the results.
- 1 beef brisket (about 5 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt (or as needed)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce (or more as needed; see link below for easy barbecue sauce recipes)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Trim the beef brisket of any large amounts of excess fat. Leaving a thin layer of fat is desirable. Season the beef brisket on both sides with the smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
3. Place the onions in a shallow roasting pan, large enough to fit the beef brisket. Place the brisket, fat side up, on top of the onions, and roast uncovered for 1 hour. Remove the pan, and carefully wrap tightly with foil.
Be sure you have a good seal around the pan, as this will keep in the moisture. Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 325 degrees F., and cook for 3 more hours.
4. Allow to cool, and refrigerate, still wrapped overnight. When you are ready to serve, reheat over a charcoal, or gas grill for about 15 minutes per side, or until warmed through. Brush with barbecue sauce for the last 5 minutes of cooking to get a nice glaze. Serve sliced thin, with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
Here is a list of 10 easy and delicious barbecue sauce recipes from around the country.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|