|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 47g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||87%|
|Total Carbohydrate 97g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Got leftover chicken? Try making these super easy chicken quesadillas. With just four ingredients, this chicken quesadillas recipe is a snap to prepare. Taking only 15 minutes, these quesadillas are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. A great way to use up any leftover rotisserie chicken, simply shred the chicken, put it on top of a flour tortilla, then throw some shredded cheddar cheese on top and cook.
This recipe can be scaled up or down, depending on how much chicken you have leftover, and it's so versatile, you can add other ingredients if you'd like, such as black beans, chopped onions, or tomatoes, or go ahead turn up the heat by adding some jalapeños. Top these quesadillas with some sour cream and guacamole, and have some chopped lettuce and pico de gallo or fresh salsa on the side. They're great to serve with yellow rice and refried beans or black beans for a dinner, or serve them on their own. These are a perfect snack for game day or movie night, or as an appetizer.
Gather the ingredients.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
While the pan is heating, assemble the quesadillas. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of chicken over half of each tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese.
Fold in half and place 1 quesadilla at a time in the skillet. Let it cook for 2 minutes until golden brown on one side.
Flip with tongs or a spatula and cook another 2 minutes until cheese is melted and the quesadilla is brown on the other side. Remove to a plate.
Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Then serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Serve these chicken quesadillas with tomato salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for a heartier version.
- If you're more in the mood for a casserole-type dish, try this chicken casserole with black beans, corn, and salsa recipe.
- These quesadillas can be made as is, or jazz them up by adding such ingredients as: black beans, chopped onions, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, mushrooms, spinach, or jalapeños into the tortilla, putting them on in between the chicken and cheese. Come up with your own customized version and make this your own!
- Use a Mexican blended shredded cheese, pepper jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, or even havarti cheese. It all depends on what type of cheese you're in the mood for.
- If you prefer corn tortillas, feel free to use them, just allot the amount of ingredients you put inside for the difference in size. You don't want to overfill and have it come out during cooking.