A lemon cake is the perfect dessert for a spring or summer event. This version is baked in a Bundt cake pan and finished with a simple lemon glaze. Top the cake off with some shredded lemon zest for an attractive presentation.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice plus 2 tablespoons for the glaze
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, 13 1/2 ounces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 350° F (177° C/Gas 4). Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the 1/3 cup lemon juice until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the first mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched with a finger. The cake will pull away from sides of the pan slightly.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; invert and cool completely on a rack.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat blend confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the vanilla. Cook, stirring, until hot and smooth; cool slightly. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|