An easy lemon cake to make up for any occasion. This cake is made moist and flavorful with a lemon pudding mix and a sweet lemon juice glaze.
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow or butter cake mix
- 1 package (4 serving size) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, and vegetable oil. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake cake at 350 F for about 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Grasping tube center, remove hot cake (still on pan bottom) from the pan.
- Combine lemon juice and sifted powdered sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Using a fork, prick many holes evenly in the top of cake. Drizzle hot glaze over top and spread over sides of cake.
Related Cake Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|