This is one of the simplest seafood sauces there is, and it's also one of the most delicious! It's usually served with seafood, but it's also great with chicken, veal, or grilled vegetables.
- 2 1/2 Tbs. capers, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
1. Roughly chop 1/2 Tbs of the capers. Combine the chopped capers with the remaining capers, lemon juice, and water into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer until the mixture has reduced by half.
2. Turn the heat down as low as possible. Add a few pieces of the cold butter and whisk vigorously, until the butter blends into the sauce. Add a few more pieces of butter, and repeat.
When half the butter has been whisked into the sauce, turn off the heat, and whisk in the rest. Add the parsley, and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|