This tasty lemon frosting is a great choice for carrot cake or zucchini cake, or use it to frost spice cupcakes or pumpkin cake.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar (or more, as needed)
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and flavorings.
- Slowly beat in 3 1/2 cups of the confectioners' sugar. Increase speed to high and continue to beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add more confectioners' sugar, if needed for spreading consistency.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|