You won't believe how easy it is to make these smooth Lemon Creams! Whip them up in the mixer, dunk them in chocolate, and people will think you bought them from a candy shop! You can also make other citrus flavors with this recipe.
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons (zest)
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (more or less as needed)
- 1 pound chocolate candy coating
- Optional: slivers of candied lemon peel to decorate
1. Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, butter, lemon juice, salt, marshmallow cream, extracts, lemon zest, and a few drops of food coloring in a large mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth and evenly incorporated.
2. Slowly add the rest of the powdered sugar in batches, stopping often to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until well blended. Taste, and add additional lemon extract if desired, and more yellow coloring if you want a bolder color.
3. Using a small cookie or candy scoop, scoop out small balls of cake and roll between your palms until they are round 1-inch circles. Place the cakes balls on a baking sheet covered with parchment or waxed paper, and refrigerate them until firm, at least 1 hour.
4. When the lemon creams are firm enough to dip, place the candy coating in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
5. Using dipping tools or a fork, submerge a cream filling in the melted candy coating. Remove it from the coating and drag the bottom across the lip of the bowl to remove excess coating. Replace the dipped candy on the baking sheet. If desired, top it with a sliver of candied lemon peel while the coating is still wet. Repeat with remaining cream fillings.
6. Refrigerate the creams to set the coating completely, about 20 minutes. These Lemon Creams are best served at room temperature and can be stored in an airtight container at cool room temperature, in the refrigerator, for up to two weeks.
Craving more? Check out these recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|