This lemon sauce is a sweet sauce thickened with an egg and some heavy cream. It's a custard-like sauce, but it's not overly rich.
Related Recipe: Easy Lemon Dessert Sauce With Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon (the peel, finely grated)
- 1/3 cup lemon (the juice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream (heavy)
- Combine flour and sugar in top of double boiler.
- With a whisk, beat in the water, egg, lemon peel, and lemon juice; cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add butter; refrigerate for about 1 hour, until well chilled.
- Just before serving, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the lemon sauce until blended.
- Makes about 2 cups of dessert sauce.
- Serve over pound cake, angel food cake, gingerbread, bread pudding, or other desserts.
More Dessert Sauce Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|