This recipe is very much like those lemon-herb rotisserie chickens you find in grocery stores and fast-casual restaurants. The advantage is that by cooking it yourself you get it hot and fresh off the grill, not out of the box.
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 2 cups (240 mL) chicken broth
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
1. Combine broth, lemon juice and zest, and seasonings in a bowl. Set aside. Clean and prepare chicken for rotisserie. Baste chicken with mixture and place on rotisserie on preheated grill. Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes at a temperature around 400 degrees F (205 degrees C), basting frequently with mixture.
2. When done (reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, remove from grill and wrap tightly in foil.
Let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes, then carve and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|