Lemon Ice: Aggie, who has kindly shared several recipes, says: "This is a Lemon Ice recipe from a friend in CT who said it was passed down from her Italian ancestors. We have enjoyed it."
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water (boiling)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
- Bring water to a boil, letting sugar dissolve in water.
- Allow water to cool and then add lemon water with grated rind. Make sure not to grate the white part of the lemon (called the pith) or you will have a very bitter dessert!
- Freeze water in an ice tray, gently stirring the crystals and letting the ice freeze rock solid.
- Once it's frozen, scoop into small cups and enjoy.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|