Lemon and dried lavender flowers make this pound cake deliciously different and fragrant.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour (stir before measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream, light or full fat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons, about 5 to 6 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon finely grated zest
- 1 lemon juiced, about 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- Cream butter with granulated sugar until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, along with half of the sour cream. Beat until well blended.
- Repeat with another 1/3 of the flour mixture and the remaining sour cream, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until smooth and well blended.
- Fold in the 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers and the juice and zest of 2 lemons. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Heat lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon) and 2 teaspoons lavender flowers in the microwave or on stovetop.
- Strain out flowers; set juice aside and discard the flowers.
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, hot lemon juice, and enough hot water to make a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled (can be slightly warm) cake.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|