Like lemon pasta? Add this vegetarian lemon pine nut cappellini recipe to your repertoire of quick and easy pasta dishes that you can turn to on a busy night when you want to fill up but just don't feel like cooking. If you don't have fresh broccoli on hand, raid your freezer and toss in some thawed frozen veggies, whatever you have on hand. Top it all off with some parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, if you're vegan.
- 1/2 pound pasta (I like capellini angel hair pasta or small shells) prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small and lightly steamed
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Steam or microwave broccoli just until tender. Set aside.
- Sautee garlic in olive oil for just a minute or two. Remove from heat, then whisk in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, olive oil, lemon and garlic and pine nuts, gently tossing to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Enjoy your quick and easy vegetarian and vegan lemon pasta!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|