This light and easy marinade recipe uses the acidic power of lemon juice to help tenderize and flavor meats. It's particularly good on poultry like rotisserie chicken, and both chicken and turkey breasts. This lemon pepper marinade will work both in the oven and on the grill.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dill (fresh and roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
1. Add lemon juice to a bowl and slowly whisk in vegetable oil until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and continue to whisk for a few seconds. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes before using.
2. Marinate the chicken breasts for 2 hours, turkey breast and whole chickens for 4-6 hours.
3. If making marinade ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.
Double recipe if using on more than one bird.
You now have a lemon pepper marinade chicken for your cooking endeavors.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||56 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|