This lemon pound cake is surprisingly easy to make with a cake mix, sour cream, and butter. Lemon juice and zest flavor this fabulous Bundt cake.
Feel free ice the cake with the included lemon glaze or dust it with sifted powdered sugar and serve it with a lemon dessert sauce.
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix, moist style with pudding in the mix
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream, reduced fat is fine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, about 2 to 3 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil or lemon flavoring
- Lemon Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
Heat oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low, combine the cake mix, 4 ounces of softened butter, the sour cream, milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Bake the lemon cake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate and cool completely.
Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with the following lemon glaze.
In a bowl, combine the melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest, and the confectioners' sugar. Add lemon juice, a teaspoon at a time, until the icing is thin enough to drizzle over the cooled cake.
You Might Also Like