This recipe is a "must try"! The lemon and tequila work beautifully together to season this steak. Serve with grill vegetable kebabs for a complete meal.
- Combine tequila, black pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and minced garlic in a non-metal bowl.
- Place the steaks in a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over steaks making sure all surfaces are well coated.
- Carefully release air out of bag and seal.
- Place steaks into a refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove steaks from bag and reserve marinade.
- Season steaks with salt and place onto grill.
- Cook the steaks 6-7 minutes per side or until they've reached the desired doneness.
- Place reserved marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt to the mixture. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. It can easily be done if your grill unit has a side burner. If not, cook sauce while steaks are resting.
- Once the steaks are cooked, remove from heat and let meat rest for 7-10 minutes. Top with cooked sauce and serve. If you'd prefer no sauce, then, by all means, serve as is.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||51 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|