This is a quick and easy way to prepare tender and delicious chicken breasts. Grill them hot and fast and enjoy with your favorite side dish. For best results, try flattening the chicken to nearly half its thickness by covering with plastic wrap and using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin. This allows the marinade to penetrate more efficiently.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt, black pepper and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place chicken into a resealable plastic bag and cover with mixture.
- Seal bag and allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Chicken breasts must reach a safe temperature of 165 degrees in the thickest part before they are considered fully cooked. Once they reach this temperature, remove from heat, place onto a plate and let meat rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve in wraps and over salads.
These grilled chicken breasts are perfect for clean eating, high protein, and low carb diets.