Lentil salad is perfect for a quick, filling lunch, or even as a light summer dinner. It is healthy and full of protein.
- 1 bag of dried lentils, about 16 oz.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large pot, cover the lentils with an ample amount of water and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Once the lentils have boiled, reduce heat to a simmer and let sit for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes prior to the lentils being done, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft. Keep on low until lentils are finished cooking.
- Once lentils are done, drain excess water and allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add onions and garlic and combine well. Be careful not to crush the lentils!
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Serve immediate or allow to chill and serve. Great the next day also!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|