|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 79g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||67%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 356mg||1,781%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The whiskey tonic is a refreshing tall drink that's perfect for your favorite Irish whiskey. It's incredibly simple and the taste is just as stimulating as its more famous counterpart, the gin and tonic.
Also called a leprechaun, this drink recipe is very easy to mix up. The drier profile of tonic water is a delicate counterpart to the smooth blends of Irish whiskey. That also makes this mixed drink a great dinner companion, pairing perfectly with whatever may be on the menu, including all the traditional Irish foods.
2 ounces Irish whiskey
4 to 6 ounces tonic water, to taste
Lemon wedge, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the Irish whiskey into a highball glass filled with ice.
Top with tonic water and stir well.
Garnish with a lemon wedge. Serve and enjoy.
- Though it's a simple mixed drink, you can improve the whiskey tonic by choosing high-end ingredients. Begin by choosing a premium tonic water.
- For the Irish whiskey, you can go with standard favorites or top-shelf whiskeys you might otherwise not use for mixing.
- Bring a little more dimension to the whiskey tonic by adding Drambuie, triple sec, and lemon juice as seen in the zesty Irishman. Tonic water is a great alternative to ginger ale in that recipe.
- For a slightly sweeter Irish whiskey highball, try the whiskey ginger. That recipe pairs the whiskey with ginger ale.
- You can also opt for ginger beer and create the snappy Irish ale.
- Other styles of whiskey can be nice with tonic water as well. Try it with smooth Canadian whisky blends or bourbons. Tonic can also be interesting with scotch, but you'll likely want to keep the soda pour short at just an ounce or two.
How Strong Is a Whiskey Tonic?