Leprechaun Gold Candies are adorable tiny pots of gold, perfect as a St. Patrick's Day dessert. They're made with just 3 ingredients, and they're so fast and easy to make, even kids can help with them!
These are so cute you can serve them by themselves, but I think they really shine when used as cupcake or cake toppers. You can decorate your desserts with rainbow licorice or sour belts, and put one of these pots of gold at the end of every candy rainbow!
- 24 Rolos candies
- 1/2 cup gold sparkling sugar (more or less)
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 bottle yellow food coloring (use as needed to get desired color)
- Unwrap all of the Rolos. Place the gold sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Mix the frosting with enough yellow food coloring to give it a deep gold color. Transfer the gold frosting into a piping bag fitted with a round tip about 1/4-inch wide. Alternately, you can place it in a paper cone or a plastic bag with a hole snipped in the corner.
- Pipe a small swirl of frosting on top of a Rolo candy, then press the frosting-covered top into the bowl of gold sprinkles. Turn it around a few times to make sure the entire top is covered.
- Repeat with the remaining frosting and candies until all of them are decorated. These mini pots of Leprechaun Gold can be served on their own, or used to decorate St. Patrick's Day cakes or cupcakes. They can be made up to a week in advance, but be careful storing them, since the frosting can get easily smashed if they're stacked on top of each other.