Lesley Téllez is a freelance journalist and recipe developer. In 2015, she published her first cookbook, Eat Mexico: Recipes from Mexico City’s Streets, Markets and Fondas. Lesley also contributed to and edited Nixtamal: A Guide to Masa Preparation in the United States. The food tour company she founded, also called Eat Mexico, offers a curated look at Mexico City’s street food and market scene.
- Lesley has written for The Spruce since June 2020.
- Her articles and Mexican recipes have appeared The New York Times, Food & Wine, Eating Well, The Kitchn, New Worlder, and more.
- Lesley holds a BS in Journalism from Boston University and a diploma in Especialización en Gastronomía Mexicana from the Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana in Mexico City.
A journalist by trade, Lesley is a writer and culinary entrepreneur whose work explores food, identity and culture. She built a thriving culinary tourism company, Eat Mexico, completely from scratch. She also wrote and developed a bestselling cookbook with 100-plus recipes on traditional Mexican food, which is currently in its third printing. And she conceived, wrote and photographed unique Mexican food and travel content for her blog The Mija Chronicles, which has catapulted the site into the top Latino food blogs in the United States.
Lesley holds a BS in Journalism from Boston University and a diploma in Especialización en Gastronomía Mexicana from the Escuela de Gastronomía Mexicana in Mexico City.
- Chicken Flautas Ahogadas Recipe, NYT Cooking
- Spanish helped me reconnect to my Mexican roots - and feel more American, The Guardian
- Lesley Téllez's Vibrant Mexican Food Will Transform Your Weeknight Dinners, The Kitchn
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.