|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are some days when a recipe that requires any sort of hands-on time seems like too much work. Enter the crockpot, an appliance that only requires you to dump ingredients and set the timer. When there are only a couple of ingredients to go into the slow cooker, there's no way it will feel too hard to make a homecooked dinner. Serve it alongside a bagged salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
4 to 6 pork chops, thick-cut
1 (10 3/4 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup, or celery, onion, or other condensed soup
1/2 cup ketchup
Spray the inner lining of the slow cooker with pan-release spray.
Layer the pork chops in the crock pot. Combine the soup and ketchup and pour it over the pork chops.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Use the thickest pork chops you can find. Thin pork chops are better suited to quick pan-frying or sauteing and may dry out during the long cooking time of a Crock Pot.
- Boost the flavor of the pork chops by browning the meat in olive oil or butter on the stove before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Only fill the slow cooker one-half to two-thirds of the way full for optimum cooking. If you can't make the recipe without filling the slow cooker, it's time to upgrade to a larger appliance.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt or a Cajun seasoning over the chops as you layer them in the slow cooker. Or sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a little garlic powder.
- If you're willing to add a few extra ingredients, include minced garlic, sliced garlic, and mushrooms in the Crock Pot mixture.
- Even with just two extra ingredients, there are a number of ways you can enjoy different flavors when making three ingredient pork chops. Put the pork in the slow cooker and add
- Chicken broth and dry onion soup mix
- Dry Ranch dressing mix and cream of chicken soup
- Dry Ranch dressing mix and buffalo sauce
- Barbecue sauce and pineapple chunks
- Apple cider and brown sugar