This easy French toast recipe is a little lighter than most, made with 2 eggs whites and only 1 whole egg.
A little vanilla, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg add a depth of flavor to this tasty breakfast or brunch entree.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and egg white until foamy. Whisk in milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Have warming drawer heated or heat oven to 200°.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip 4 slices of bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat thoroughly. Let excess drip back into the bowl.
- Place the coated bread slices on a hot griddle or skillet. Cook, turning until both sides are nicely browned, about 2 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm in oven or warming drawer.
- Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired. Serve with maple syrup.
More French Toast Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|