|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This light and delicious coleslaw is more than just a cabbage salad. This refreshing summer slaw is made with a variety of colorful vegetables and a light and easy dressing.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 large red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium cucumber (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 tomato (seeds removed and chopped)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, oil, celery seeds, and black pepper; stir to combine.
Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the mixture to a boil; remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine the chopped vegetables in a large bowl; toss with the warm dressing mixture.
Chill the salad thoroughly before serving and then toss again.
- To save time, consider using a blender or food processor to chop the vegetables. To chop in an electric blender, cut the vegetables into chunks and fill the blender about half full. Cover the vegetables with cold water to within about an inch to the top. Pulse until you reach the desired consistency. Dump the vegetables into a colander to drain and repeat with the remaining vegetables.
Other vegetables that may be included: carrot, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and celery.