This light and delicious cole slaw is more than just a cabbage salad. This refreshing summer slaw is made with a variety of vegetables and a light and easy dressing.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, oil, celery seeds, and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Combine the chopped vegetables in a large bowl; toss with the hot dressing mixture.
- Chill thoroughly before serving, then toss again.
This salad is great with ham, hot dogs, or sausages, and it's a nice light option.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|