This creamy macaroni and cheese recipe is made with Cheddar cheese sauce, cooked macaroni, and seasonings.
Less cheese makes this macaroni and cheese lighter than most, but feel free to add up to 2 cups of Cheddar for a cheesier dish.
Top this macaroni and cheese with buttered bread crumbs, if you wish.
- In a saucepan or saucier, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir flour into the butter until smooth and bubbly. Stir in salt. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese and continue to cook and stir until melted.
- In an 8x10-inch baking dish, alternate layers of macaroni and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||49 g|
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|