A vegetarian and vegan cucumber spring roll recipe with lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts and noodles. This basic spring roll recipe with cucumbers uses low-fat and low-calorie ingredients including lettuce, bean thread noodles, and bean sprouts, so it makes for a very light appetizer or small meal. You can also learn how to wrap spring rolls by following my illustrated step-by-step instructions here.
- 4 to 6 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup of water (about)
- 3 large lettuce leaves (torn into strips)
- 1 cucumber (sliced into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 cup cooked rice vermicelli (or bean thread noodles)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 to 12 fresh leaves fresh cilantro (do not chop)
- 8 to 12 fresh basil leaves (do not chop)
Combine all the ingredients, except the water and spring roll wrappers in a large bowl and toss well.
Place the water in a shallow pan.
Dip the spring roll wrappers in the water until pliable, one at a time. Fill each wrapper with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the vegetable filling.
Place two or three basil and cilantro leaves on top and wrap your spring rolls.
You May Also Like