These vegetarian lima beans are made with a molasses and brown sugar sauce mixture. Sour cream is added near the end of the cooking time.
- 1 pound dry lima beans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Put the beans in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water; soak overnight.
- Drain the beans and refill the pot with water to cover beans; bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until tender. Drain.
- In slow cooker, combine the drained lima beans and butter.
- In a bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, salt, and dry mustard. Add to the beans and mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours.
- Add the sour cream about 15 to 20 minutes before the beans are done.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|