This is a delicious chicken breast recipe that requires little effort. These can be served with a side or sliced and added to wraps, salads, tacos, pasta, or sandwiches. Lots of versatility!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Juice of 2 limes, plus zest of 1
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tequila
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) warmed honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Place chicken breasts in resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in glass or plastic bowl. Pour over chicken, making sure that all surfaces are coated. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and place onto grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes per side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F/75 degrees C. Remove and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing.