- 4 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 3 teaspoons lime zest
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 pound white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Optional: green candy food coloring
1. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, butter, marshmallow cream, lime juice, salt, lime zest, and food coloring in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth and evenly incorporated.
3. Slowly add the rest of the powdered sugar in batches, stopping often to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until well blended. If mixture is too stiff, add a bit more lime juice.
If it is too sticky, add a bit more powdered sugar.
4. Roll into balls ¾ inch in diameter, and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator before dipping.
6. Melt the white chocolate with the shortening in the microwave or over a double boiler. If you are coloring the chocolate, stir in the candy food coloring at this point.
7. Dip the cream centers in the melted chocolate one by one and return to the baking sheet. After all centers are dipped, return the sheet to the refrigerator to set the candies before serving. Candies can be topped with a sliver of lime zest, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|