Linnea Covington is a Denver-based food writer who loves cooking and planning meals for her two little boys and their father, while also delving into the Mile High City's burgeoning dining scene.
- 10+ years experience writing about food
- MA from the The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism
- Has written for New York Magazine, Tasting Table, Zagat, and more
Linnea has written for dozens of publications including Time Out New York, New York Magazine, Brooklyn Rail, Blackbook Magazine, Tasting Table, Westword, and a whole lot of magazines and websites that no longer exist (RIP Zagat, Food Republic, Village Voice, etc). She has also edited websites, worked on books, created social media accounts for films, bartended, labored in wineries, and so much more.
When she was a freelance writer in Brooklyn, New York, Linnea had the opportunity to experience food and drink from around the world on one little island. Of course, that didn’t stop her from exploring India, Argentina, parts of Europe, and the rest of the United States. With a focus on food journalism, she has written about her travels and her city through the gourmet lenses of an enthusiastic eater now based in Denver, Colorado.
- MA from the The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York
- BA in journalism from Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, New York
- Numerous wine and cheese seminars
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.