This mashed potato casserole has it all! The casserole is loaded with the flavors of bacon, cheese, sour cream, and seasonings.
This is a rich and delicious potato casserole. It's the perfect side dish to bake for a special occasion or potluck dinner.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 container (4.4 ounces) light Boursin cheese with herbs and garlic
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 6 to 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
Heat oven to 350 F.
Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add about 1 teaspoon of salt per quart of water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low to maintain a gentle boil, cover the pan, and cook the potatoes until they are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes well and put through a ricer or mash.
Stir in the sour cream, Boursin cheese, and milk, mashing and stirring until well blended. Stir in the green onions, parsley, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon. Stir in about two-thirds of the cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more milk if the texture is too thick.
Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake the potato casserole for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and the cheese has melted.