Everyone loves loaded baked potatoes! Now enjoy that same great flavor combination in this super easy loaded potato casserole recipe.
- 3 1/2 to 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup milk, whole or low-fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold, salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Transfer the potatoes back to the saucepan. Using a masher, mash the potatoes until almost smooth. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until the mixture os smooth.
Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon.
4. Spoon the mixture evenly into a lightly oiled 3-quart casserole dish. Use a spatula or fork to make an irregular surface.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|