|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||72%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious lobster chowder is packed with chunks of cooked lobster meat, corn, and vegetables. Add some crab or shrimp to this chowder to turn it into a hearty seafood corn chowder.
Top it off with some crumbled cooked bacon or extra chunks of lobster.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or part bacon drippings)
- 5 or 6 green onions (with about 3 inches of green, thinly sliced)
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups diced cooked lobster meat
- Optional: 1 medium tomato (seeded, diced)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Optional: crumbled cooked bacon
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; add green onion, celery, and bell pepper. Sauté until celery is tender, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir until blended. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the Creole seasoning and chicken broth; stir to blend. Stir in corn kernels. Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in heavy cream, lobster, and tomato. Taste and add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in sherry and heat through.
If desired, top each serving with a little crumbled cooked bacon or extra chunks of lobster.
Serve with crackers or hot buttered biscuits.
You Might Also Like