|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 portions (4 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 53g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||103%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When you bake this puff pastry-topped lobster pie, try making it in individual bakers or a shallow baking dish. It's a delicious main dish for the next time you have some kind of special event to celebrate, like a birthday or graduation.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice or juices from cooking the lobster, or chicken broth
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups diced cooked lobster
- 2 cups half-and-half, whole milk, or light cream
- 1 cup cooked frozen mixed vegetables or peas and carrots (drained)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Dash paprika
- Freshly grated nutmeg (a few gratings, or about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Pinch salt (to taste)
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Egg wash - 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add mushrooms and onions and stir until tender.
Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, until flour is absorbed into the butter. Continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add sherry and clam juice or chicken broth; stir over low heat until mixture thickens.
Remove mushroom mixture from heat. Stir in the lobster and cream, then the hot cooked vegetables. Taste and add paprika, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the lobster mixture into 4 buttered ramekins or individual bakers or a buttered 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Set aside and let cool down to room temperature.
Take puff pastry out and to thaw for 20 minutes. Cut or roll out, if necessary, to fit dish. Cut vents in the pastry then fit over ramekins or baking dish. Brush with egg wash.
Bake at 400 F for 20 to 30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and nicely browned.