This just might be one of the best pork chops you've ever had. Start with a double thick cut pork rib chop, add a flavorful spice rub and then grill to perfection. Because of the thickness of this chop it needs a little special care to get it cooked through the middle without burning the surface, but it really is as easy as it is delicious. These chops are served with a delectable creamy Dijon aioli. Add to this a side of grilled vegetables for the perfect meal.
- 2 2-inch thick pork rib chops
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion power
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL paprika
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL allspice
- Dijon Mustard Aioli:
- 1/3 cup/80 mL mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- Trim excess fat from pork chops. Make cuts through the band of fat that runs around the edge of the chop.
- Combine all spice ingredients and apply to the surface of the chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove chops from refrigerator and preheat grill to a high heat and prepare for indirect grilling.
- Place pork chops on the hot portion of the grill and sear each side for about 2-3 minutes. Watch for burning and flare-ups.
- Move to the indirect grilling space and close the lid. Continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on your grill). Check for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F/65 degrees C. Remove from grill when done and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Served with a Dijon Mustard Aioli on the side.
Dijon Mustard Aioli:
- Combine all ingredients and keep refrigerated until serving. Aioli will keep for up to 3 days store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|