This tasty black bean soup is great with cornbread, and it's an easy meal to fix for any night of the week.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans (approx. 4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican seasoned stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can diced (14.5 ounces) tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (12 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn (drained)
- 4 to 6 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small clove garlic (minced)
Combine all ingredients in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours (or cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours).