|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 27g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The lounge lizard is an easy and quick mixed drink that can help you break out of a routine. If you enjoy a good rum & Coke, then you should certainly give this recipe a try.
It's quite simple: the lounge lizard is nothing more than a shot of dark rum, a short pour of amaretto, and cola. It's the rum switch and liqueur addition that makes it a little more interesting. They give the popular mixed drink a darker flavor profile that goes down just as easily and is very refreshing.
Gather the ingredients.
In a collins glass filled with ice, pour the dark rum and amaretto.
Top the drink with cola.
Garnish with a cherry or lime wedge. Serve and enjoy.
- The amount of cola you end up pouring will depend on how tall your glass is, how much ice you use and if you want a stronger or lighter drink.
- While Coke or Pepsi may be your first cola of choice, try to remain open to using some of the lesser-known colas. RC Cola works great here, though a wonderful brand is Q Kola, which is unlike any "cola" many of us are used to. It was made specifically for mixed drinks and has a lighter taste that really allows the other ingredients to shine through.
- The quality of your rum is not a big concern in this drink. Save a little money if you like, just ensure that the dark rum you pour is one that you enjoy. That's the real key to making any drink just a little better.
- Some recipes suggest just 1 ounce of rum and it's a good option if you want a lighter drink. Others pour as much as 2 ounces, which can be a good route with syrupy colas (e.g., Coke).
- Light rum, spiced rum, even some flavored rums... they can all work well in the lounge lizard. Try it with coconut rum as it's a surprisingly good companion to amaretto.
- Instead of amaretto, pour another dark, nutty liqueur. The hazelnut flavor of Frangelico, for instance, would be a pleasant taste against the rum and cola.
How Strong Is a Lounge Lizard?