When your summer garden is producing more zucchini than you think you can handle, make this recipe for low calorie sauteed zucchini, and serve it alongside a simple grilled chicken breast for a delicious late-summer meal. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that in the late-summer months, I can go into my backyard garden and gather up the majority of the ingredients!
Per Serving Calories 34, Fat 2 grams, Carbs 3 grams, Pro 1 gram, Sodium 104 mg
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced fine
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups peeled zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped, fresh plum tomato
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil.
- When the oil it hot, add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic becomes lightly browned. Add the thyme leaves, the chopped oregano, and the salt, and cook one minute, until the herbs become aromatic. Then add the zucchini, and cook about 7 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Next, add the chopped tomato, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until the tomato is done, and any excess moisture has evaporated. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|