Fill your kitchen with the aroma of these sweet banana muffins. Enjoy them plain or add in some raisins or a spare amount of mini chocolate chips for an indulgent treat.
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup milk (nonfat)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 small ripe bananas (mashed)
- Optional to fold into batter: 1/2 cup raisins, 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine canola oil milk, egg, vanilla. Add wet ingredient to dry mixture, followed by mashed bananas. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fill muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
Per Banana Muffin: Calories 190, Calories from Fat 47, Total Fat 5.1g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 170mg, Carbohydrate 32.4g, Fiber 1g, Protein 3.3g
With Raisins: Calories 212, Calories from Fat 47, Total Fat 5.1g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 171mg, Carbohydrate 37.8g, Fiber 1.3g, Protein 3.5g
With Mini Chocolate Chips: Calories 223, Calories from Fat 63, Total Fat 6.8g (sat 2.2g), Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 170mg, Carbohydrate 36.4g, Fiber 1.4g, Protein 3.5g
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|