- 2 large lemons (juiced and strained)
- 1/2 cup baker's sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest
- Place strained lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Lightly beat egg in a medium bowl.
- Remove lemon syrup from heat and pour slowly into beaten egg while stirring the mixture with a whisk. Continue to whisk by hand for one minute.
- Return mixture to saucepan; add lemon zest, and heat on low until it thickens -- about two minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a container and cover (to prevent a skin from forming), then refrigerate.
- Makes 1 cup of low fat lemon curd.
Per 2 tbsp serving: Calories 82, Calories from Fat 12, Total Fat 1.2g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 16mg, Carbohydrate 15.5g, Fiber 1.2g, Protein 2g
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|