These low-fat mini meatloaves are a big hit with my kids. For one thing, they're just the right size. These meatloaves are also good for them, too, as they're made with extra-lean ground beef and packed with shredded veggies. Enjoy these low-fat mini meatloaves with skinny mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- 1 pound of extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slice whole grain bread as breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly spray a nonstick or silicone muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble ground beef into a large bowl.
- Add shredded carrots and zucchini, and chopped onion and green pepper. Add chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and breadcrumbs. Stir with a fork.
- Add egg whites and stir again with a fork until well blended. You can knead the mixture with your hands, but sometimes this makes the meat overly tough.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, and top each cup with ketchup. Bake for 25 minutes, making sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|