This is a quick and easy low-fat skillet meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes. Use extra-lean ground beef, and only 8 ounces of it, filling the skillet with plenty of vegetables to make this hearty supper dish.
Enjoy with some rice or by itself as a one-bowl meal.
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 8 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté celery, onion, carrots, green beans, mushrooms and zucchini for 2-3 minutes. Add oregano.
- Crumble in beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add canned tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Calories Per Serving:
Calories from Fat 38
Total Fat 4.3g (sat 1.6g)
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|