Looking for the perfect vegan, low-fat eggplant lasagna recipe? This recipe is a classic lasagna made with eggplant and spinach, and very little else. There's no tofu or ricotta cheese substitute to round it out, just the necessary ingredients of lasagna noodles, eggplants, spinach, and tomato sauce layered together. Just stick layer it all together, then stick it in the oven and bake, and you've got yourself a low-fat, quick and easy, home cooked vegetarian and vegan family meal. See also: More easy vegan dinner ideas
With little more than noodles and veggies, this vegan eggplant lasagna recipe is completely dairy-free as well as much lower in fat than a traditional lasagna. And, with just six ingredients, it's a breeze to prepare. Not complicated at all! If it's your first time ever making a homemade vegan lasagna, and you're not fully confident int your lasagna-making abilities, this is an easy vegetable-packed recipe to try.
See also: More Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 64 ounce jar pre-made tomato sauce
- 1 pound lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Sautee the garlic for two to three minutes, then add in the diced eggplant and stir. Cover the frying pan and cook until the eggplant is just tender, about 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Next, cover the bottom of a 9x12 inch baking pan with 2 cups of the tomato sauce, then cover the tomato sauce with a layer of 4 or 5 of the uncooked noodles. Cover this layer of noodles with a thin layer of sauce, then add the cooked eggplant and another thin layer of sauce. Add another layer of noodles followed by a thing layer of sauce, then the spinach and another thin layer of sauce. Add the remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Noodles are fully cooked and soft enough when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
Makes about six servings of eggplant and spinach lasagna.
This vegan eggplant and spinach vegetable lasagna recipe is reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.
Nutritional information, per serving:
One serving provides approximately:
Calories: 347, Calories from Fat: 41
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 4.6g, 7%
Total Carbohydrates: 65.8g, 22%
Dietary Fiber: 9.2g, 37%
Protein: 16.3 g
Vitamin A 199%, Vitamin C 83%, Calcium 14%, Iron 32%
More Vegetarian and Vegan Pasta Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|