This basic stuffed celery makes a nice snack or appetizer for a party or holiday meal, and it's easy to prepare. Cream cheese, seasonings, and mayonnaise make a delicious mix. Cheese-stuffed celery complements most any menu at any time of year. This is a great standby appetizer recipe.
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise or more as needed
- Wash the celery, separate the stalks, and cut into even lengths, about 3 pieces per stalk.
- In a small bowl, mash the cream cheese with a fork.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and enough mayonnaise to make a spreading consistency.
- Fill the celery pieces with the cream cheese and mayonnaise mixture. If desired, sprinkle with more paprika for color.
- Arrange the stuffed celery on a platter and chill thoroughly before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|