For a creamy yet light and refreshing dessert, give this layered lemon dessert recipe a try. Alternating layers of zingy lemon pudding combine with creamy sweetened cream cheese mousse for a delicious treat that is perfect for celebrating springtime and warmer days.
The dessert is similar to the chocolate delight dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping (divided)
- 3 boxes (4-serving size) instant lemon pudding
- 5 cups cold milk
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Crumble flour and margarine together. Blend together and press in bottom of a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; let cool.
- Cream the confectioners' sugar and cream cheese together. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping and spread on cooled crust.
- Mix 3 boxes of lemon instant pudding with 5 cups of cold milk (do not follow the directions on pudding box). Pour over the second layer and top with additional whipped topping.
- Chill thoroughly (about 2 hours) before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|