|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Lynchburg Lemonade is named after Lynchburg, Tennessee, hometown of the Jack Daniel's Distillery. It is one of the most popular mixed drinks and the Tennessee whiskey's signature cocktail. While the official recipe is a little more complicated than mixing whiskey and lemonade, it's still very easy and perfect for a lazy summer afternoon or a backyard barbecue.
To mix up an authentic Lynchburg Lemonade, you will need just four ingredients, a tall glass, and some ice. The featured ingredient is, of course, the famous Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, and this is by far one of the best drinks for it. There is something magical about the whiskey's smoky sweetness in this tart, sparkling mixed drink. After one taste, you'll realize why it's long been a favorite.
Click Play to See This Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemonade Recipe Come Together
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the whiskey, triple sec, and lemon juice into a collins glass and add ice.
Top with soda.
Stir well and add lemon slices.
Serve and enjoy.
- You can, of course, pour a whiskey other than Jack Daniel's into this cocktail, and it will be pretty good, but it's not an authentic Lynchburg Lemonade. Should you decide to change up the whiskey, go with another Tennessee whiskey or a full-flavored bourbon.
- Choose a quality triple sec. Whatever you do, stay away from those $5 specials that are so common at the liquor store. They're too sweet and unnaturally flavored to do any cocktail any good.
- Fresh lemon juice really does make the best Lynchburg Lemonade. One average lemon should yield enough juice for two drinks. Let it reach room temperature and roll it under the palm of your hand on the counter to maximize the juice.
- The choices for lemon-lime soda are vast. Sprite, 7-Up, and Sierra Mist are all popular options. If you want a splash of something really interesting, try Q Drinks Lemon or Fever-Tree Sparkling Lemon.
- Some people prefer to use sour mix rather than lemon juice. This will make the drink slightly sweeter, but with a premium triple sec, that shouldn't throw the drink's flavor balance off too much.
- Quickly transform this recipe into a tasty party punch by mixing 1 part each of whiskey, lemon juice, and triple sec with 4 parts soda in a punch bowl. Garnish it with lemon wedges.
- If you do want to mix up the simplified whiskey and lemonade drink, do yourself a favor and make it with fresh-squeezed lemonade. Use a 2-ounce shot of whiskey and 4 to 6 ounces of lemonade, depending on your taste.
How Strong Is the Lynchburg Lemonade?
The Lynchburg Lemonade is a relatively mild drink. On average, its alcohol content is around 8 percent ABV (16 proof), which is a little lighter than a glass of wine. However, this drink has been known to get people drunker than they expected. Other than drinking too many, the problem often comes from overpouring the whiskey. To keep the drink under control, maintain a balance of flavor, and to help prevent a hangover, stick to the standard 1 1/2-ounce shot.