These hot dog shaped burgers are stuff with macaroni cheese, topped with cheese sauce and sliced jalapenos. What more can you ask for? These burger dogs are great for game day parties and tailgating events.
Watch Now: The Mac and Cheese Stuffed Burger Dog
- 2 pounds/900 g ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 2 cups/475 mL macaroni and cheese (prepared)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cheese sauce (or cheese dip, warmed)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL pickled (or fresh sliced jalapenos)
- 3 hoagie buns
Divide ground beef into three equal parts. Spread each part of the ground beef out on a piece of plastic wrap, spreading into a thin, large square. The meat should be about a third of an inch thick. Spread about one-third of the macaroni and cheese. This might be too much so adjust as necessary.
Using the plastic wrap, roll the whole packed into a large, hot dog shape, making sure to keep the macaroni inside. Seal the edges of the meat to make a stuffed burger dog. Continue with remaining ingredients.
Preheat grill to a medium-high heat. Gently place burger dogs over direct heat and grill for about 15 minutes, rolling to cook evenly. Remove from grill, place on hoagie buns and top with melted cheese sauce and jalapenos. Omit jalapenos if preferred.