This basic macaroni and cheese is easy to make in the crockpot so it can slow cook all day long. Try adding some canned tuna or cooked chicken, if you wish. Mix in some crispy bacon bit before serving for a flavor kick and texture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mr. Food One-Pot, One Meal by Art Ginsberg (William Morrow).
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cooked macaroni in a slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, and 3 cups of the Cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover and cook on the Low setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir until the macaroni has finished cooking.
Recipe Source: by Art Ginsberg (William Morrow)
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|