|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 12 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||41%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This versatile salad can be made with cooked, cooled macaroni or potatoes. This makes a big salad that will serve up to 12 people.
A combination of sour cream, salad dressing, and mayonnaise goes into the salad dressing and the salad includes onion, celery, sweet pickle, and pimiento. Add chopped bell pepper, egg, cucumber, or other ingredients to this salad.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard (prepared)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 8 cups elbow macaroni (cooked) (or 8 cups cubed cold potatoes)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pimiento (diced)
Gather the ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup Miracle Whip, 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons mustard, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
In a large serving bowl, combine the cold macaroni or potatoes with 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 2/3 cup chopped celery, 1/2 cup sweet pickles, and 2 tablespoons pimiento. Add other chopped vegetables, if desired.
Add the dressing mixture to the potato or pasta mixture and stir gently until all ingredients are well coated.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Remember the 2-hour rule for hot and cold food. Never let food remain in the "danger zone" where foodborne bacteria can grow — between 40 F and 140 F — for longer than 2 hours. If the temperature is above 90 F, no longer than 1 hour.
- Keep salads and other cold food in a refrigerator or cooler at or below 40 F until serving time and put leftovers away within 2 hours.