This versatile salad can be made with cooked cooled macaroni or potatoes. This makes a big salad that will serve up to 12 people.
A combination of sour cream, salad dressing, and mayonnaise goes into the salad dressing and the salad includes onion, celery, sweet pickle and pimiento. Add chopped bell pepper, egg, cucumber, or other ingredients to this salad.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups cooked elbow macaroni (or 8 cups cubed cold potatoes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, salad dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cold macaroni or potatoes with the finely chopped onion, chopped celery, sweet pickles, and pimiento. Add other chopped vegetables, if desired.
- Add the dressing mixture to the potato or pasta mixture and stir gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Remember the 2-hour rule for hot and cold food. Never let food remain in the "danger zone" where foodborne bacteria can grow—between 40 F and 140 F—for longer than 2 hours. If the temperature is above 90 F, no longer than 1 hour. Keep salads and other cold food in a refrigerator or cooler at or below 40 F until serving time and put leftovers away within 2 hours.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|