MacKenzie Smith is behind the blog Grilled Cheese Social. She's written a cookbook of the same name and specializes in sandwich recipes.
Contact MacKenzie at email@example.com.
- Food writer and stylist
- Sandwich expert, recipe developer, and caterer
- Winner in two episodes of Food Network's "Guy's Grocery Games"
MacKenzie Smith is a former writer for The Spruce of more than four years. She is the creator of the blog Grilled Cheese Social and functions as the executive chef at Black Dolphin Inn in Florida. She is the sandwich expert and social media marketing manager for multiple food companies. She works in many aspects of the food industry, including food styling and photography, social media content creation, recipe development, writing, catering, branding, and media consultation.
Her food styling clients include Jimmy Fallon (for People magazine), Giselle Bündchen (tabletop book), Samsung, Wisconsin Cheese, and Saveur magazine. Her catering clients include Birchbox, Refinery 29, Benefit Cosmetics, USA Today, Sony Music, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Chandler, and more.
She’s also done live cooking demos on "The Couch" (CBS), at the International Association of Culinary Professions, The Basque Culinary Center, and Blue Moon’s 20th anniversary party in Orlando, Florida. She’s done grilled cheese pop-ups in New York, California, Wisconsin, Florida, Spain, and Germany.
MacKenzie Smith earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Florida State University and a Master of Arts degree from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Awards and Publications
- Her work has appeared on Martha Stewart, Real Simple magazine, BuzzFeed, Thrillist, Eater, Huffington Post, Style Me Pretty, Refinery 29, FeedFeed, Spoon University, and more.
- She was named one of Refinery29's Top 10 NYC Food Instagrams to Follow and was one of Thrillist’s 24 NYC Instagrams You Need To Follow Right Now.
- MacKenzie has also won first place on two shows on the Food Network—The Cheesier Episode of "Guy’s Grocery Games" and the All-Star Bigger Better Burger Battle of "Guy’s Grocery Games."
- "Grilled Cheese Social"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.