MacKenzie Smith is behind the blog Grilled Cheese Social. She's written a cookbook of the same name and specializes in sandwich recipes.
Contact MacKenzie at email@example.com.
- Food writer and stylist
- Sandwich expert, recipe developer, and caterer
- Winner in two episodes of Food Network's "Guy's Grocery Games"
MacKenzie Smith is a former writer for The Spruce of more than four years. She is the creator of the blog Grilled Cheese Social and functions as the executive chef at Black Dolphin Inn in Florida. She is the sandwich expert and social media marketing manager for multiple food companies. She works in many aspects of the food industry, including food styling and photography, social media content creation, recipe development, writing, catering, branding, and media consultation.
Her food styling clients include Jimmy Fallon (for People magazine), Giselle Bündchen (tabletop book), Samsung, Wisconsin Cheese, and Saveur magazine. Her catering clients include Birchbox, Refinery 29, Benefit Cosmetics, USA Today, Sony Music, Meghan Trainor, Kyle Chandler, and more.
She’s also done live cooking demos on "The Couch" (CBS), at the International Association of Culinary Professions, The Basque Culinary Center, and Blue Moon’s 20th anniversary party in Orlando, Florida. She’s done grilled cheese pop-ups in New York, California, Wisconsin, Florida, Spain, and Germany.
MacKenzie Smith earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Florida State University and a Master of Arts degree from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Awards and Publications
- Her work has appeared on Martha Stewart, Real Simple magazine, BuzzFeed, Thrillist, Eater, Huffington Post, Style Me Pretty, Refinery 29, FeedFeed, Spoon University, and more.
- She was named one of Refinery29's Top 10 NYC Food Instagrams to Follow and was one of Thrillist’s 24 NYC Instagrams You Need To Follow Right Now.
- MacKenzie has also won first place on two shows on the Food Network—The Cheesier Episode of "Guy’s Grocery Games" and the All-Star Bigger Better Burger Battle of "Guy’s Grocery Games."
- "Grilled Cheese Social"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.